Rules of a Skeptic
Planxty Maggie Browne.
|1. Don't let what you think get in the
way of what you see.
2. Don't let what you see determine what you think, for appearances are deceptive.
3. Be omnivorous in your tastes.
4. The only way to see something whole is from several points of view.
5. The closer you come to reality the more it is a mystery, and the more unimaginable it is that you or anything else exists.
6. The only truth is in scrupulous satisfaction over time.
7. Develop principles that you are willing to abandon, but not easily.
8. When anything is too sacred to joke about, the cause is fear.
9. If you are skeptical of faith and reason, what is left as a basis for decision? Everything, so long as you are prepared to be wrong.
10. Death is the sunlight that makes all things visible.
|[about this site]||[poems for free]||[poem of the day]|
|[site policy]||[about me]||[links]|